domingo, 19 de julio de 2009

Project "Be the change"

Week 5

On this Saturday, we had some surprises...there were more socias waiting for our English training, also one of them came with her very cute 4 years-old son, who called Aron.

For this training we decided to teach other phrases related to introductions as: I am...., Nice to meet you.., Nice to meet you to, What is your name..?, etc. ; for teaching this, we showed them, how to write this new phrases, their spanish translation and the pronunciation. Also we make some exercises, where the socias had to make a dialogue with us, using the new phrases and the others that they learned in the other English training. At the beginning they had some difficulties, but then they did it very well !! They loved so much this activity because, when we finished, the socias started to practice some phrases between them.

In my reflection about my social service in the Cooperativa Detodas is that the English trainings, included this one, are an excellent example of service, just for one big reason: When I teach English to the socias, I don't feel superior because I know more than them; when I teach them, I try to make them feel comfortable and I like to promote as my friends, a sense of equality between the socias and us. Our form of leadership is based on the one that is oriented to inspire and assist others. For me this service also is an example of mutualism, because I can help and develop myself by helping others, the socias.








1 comentario:

  1. Mariana - This is wonderful, really. I like your reflection on leadership and I congratulate the way you think. Nice photos too.

    ResponderEliminar